Monday 19 May 2014

The "F" Family

I met Allison while we were doing our Bachelor of Education at Ottawa University. 
On the first day I saw her and little Olivia across the room, my goodness that blonde hair and blue-eyed little girl stole the show! I am pretty sure no one in the class heard a word of the lecture.

I learned quickly what a special person Allison truly was as we walked around the University parking lot, lap after lap with Olivia in the stroller talking about everything under the sun. I just remember thinking how caring she was, you could tell her anything and knew that she would never tell a soul and would somehow find a way to make it better. 

When she asked if I would photograph her family I jumped at the chance and when I met her husband, I understood, he was just like her. They both have a gift of making you feel like every word that you would say was so important, that they were hanging off every word and when you would finish say the nicest words possible in response. 

I am thankful for the many random messages throughout the year I would receive from her when she would write a paragraph filled with the sweetest, caring words that would fill your heart and make you feel that you could take on the world. She could make anyone feel special. 

In life there are two types of people; people that make you feel good and people that make you feel bad. Allison taught me that. She taught me life is too short to spend even a day with people that do not uplift you, motivate you or care about you.

I hope you all fill your days with special people like this family and like Allison make the people around you feel special.







 Thank you for browsing! 
If no one has made you feel special today, here is me telling you that you are amazing! Go find the sunshine in today <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment